Our achievements are not possible without the ongoing support and community dedication of our volunteers. Their spirit and passion contribute to the growth of our Agency and its successes.
Are you interested in:
- Getting involved with talented and dedicated people?
- Learning and investing in your community?
- Gaining relevant work experience?
Student PlacementsWe provide continuing education opportunities for our volunteers and we welcome applications from local college and university students for placements.
Community Justice Committee Volunteer
Community Justice Committees encourage communities to begin to understand the causes of crime by using a focused approach towards crime prevention. Volunteer requirements include:
- Minimum of 18 years of age not required to have a background in justice or social services but are representative of the community.
- Justice Committees meet on a biweekly/weekly basis in the evening and/or daytime depending on need and availability. Applicants are asked to make a minimum commitment of one year involving eight Justice Committee meetings.
- Becoming a volunteer is a process of four steps:
- Application form
- Extensive training (approximately 40 hours.)
- Police check, reference check
- Individual interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
(All applications are welcome. Individuals will be accepted and invited to participate in a Community Justice Committee based on a screening process)
- Please call our Human Resources Coordinator at (519) 850-3777 x225 to find information about volunteer opportunities that are right for you